Welcome to Our Campus!
Immerse yourself in a place with meaningful connections. A place where every day brings endless opportunities for discovery. You will learn and grow alongside peers, teachers, coaches and mentors.
In this place, you will know everyone, and everyone will know you.
Located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains along the shores of the Catawba River, University Christian is ideally located in Hickory, NC along Interstate 40 between Charlotte and Asheville. Our campus is nestled between Lenoir-Rhyne University, a flourishing private liberal arts institution, and St. Andrews Lutheran Church, a congregation rich in heritage, dedicated to serving the surrounding community. University Christian was founded in 2009 with 8 students as a Lutheran, independent, all-honors level high school enrolling students grade 9-12. Now with more than 140 students, our school offers students a safe place to excel academically, spiritually, artistically, and athletically. UCHS is ranked the #1 Private High School in Catawba County according to Niche, and #11 out of 110 NC Christian High Schools.
Happy and engaged students, with several acres of greenspace to enjoy, make campus life at UCHS truly unique and welcoming.
- Original student art displayed throughout, our state-of-the-art North Campus hub is designed for collaboration and STEM learning.
- Students enjoy fresh air and scenery as they head to South Campus, housed in the education building of St. Andrew’s Church.
- As students cross over to the campus of LRU, they are greeted with a park-like setting and “Joe Bear” as he stands sentry on the walk.
- On the campus of LRU, UCHS students have lunch in the Cromer Center, where there are several dining options, including Chick-fil-a and Joe’s Coffee. Students have the option to eat outside, connecting with nature and enjoying friends.
At UCHS, we often say that our students “learn to go to college before they go to college”… even before they earn a high school diploma…and actually, they do.
- Our location on the campus of LRU, and our relationship with Appalachian State University, provide the opportunity for students to learn to navigate a college campus.
- Students have the option to engage in college-level course-work, while in the supported environment of high school.
- Out students graduate, not only with college credit, but are empowered with confidence and the skills necessary to juggle the demands of college life.
The mission of St. Andrew's Lutheran Church is to live God's call at the intersection of campus and community so that all generations may celebrate God's grace.
The congregation delights in its partnership in ministry with University Christian High School that allows intergenerational opportunities to engage hands, hearts, and minds.
-Pastor Christy Lohr Sapp, St. Andrew's Lutheran Church